So, you are planning to sell your old car? That’s fine; you can always purchase a new one and use any money that you get as a result of the sale, towards the down payment for the new car. But before you take out an online advert in your local online paper, you may want to check out the rest of the article. This article comes packed with some great tips that can help you sell your old car with ease, so check it out.
- Assess the market: Since you have decided to sell your old car, the first thing that you need to do is to check out the market. This will enable you to check out and see how other car owners have priced their cars, and also will allow you to determine what a fair rate for your old car is as well. You can check out the various cash for scrap cars adverts and find out if they can provide you with a valuation as well.
- Type of car: When checking out the second hand car market, you may want to pay close attention to the type of cars that are in much demand. More often than not, family type of cars such as sedans, SUV’s are always in more demand than other types of cars so that you can price these type of cars competitively and at a fair rate.
- Pricing: When you are pricing your cars, always leave a little wiggle room. For example, if you need at least $1400 for your old car, then you may want to list the price as $1600. That way, even if the new buyer tries to negotiate you can lower the rate to the original rate that you had always required and make it seem like a great bargain. Additionally, Google scrap cars for cash in Auckland and these agencies should be more than ready to take up your car, after valuing the same.
- Curb appeal: Most consumers would decide within a few seconds as to whether to purchase your car or not. So you need to make sure that your car comes with curb appeal and that it looks attractive enough. You may want to get your old car serviced, and in the process remove all the dents and dings on the exterior. Make sure that you vacuum your car and if possible, add a new coat of paint as well. This should help you sell your old car with ease and of course, it goes without saying that your old car needs to be functional and working perfectly, for you to be able to sell it to someone else.
- Advertise your car: Check online, there are more than a few online websites where you can advertise your car, for little or no cost. You may also want to book an ad in a few online papers as well. Apart from this, you can always print out the odd flyer and distribute it around and you should soon be able to sell your car without much hassle. You can also ask your friends to tell others and even post threads in message boards.
- Parking lot vs. home: The one downside is having strangers drop into your home to check out your car. If you are not comfortable with that idea, you can always park your car at a parking lot, book your space for a certain time period, and then show the car to prospective customers.
With these tips, you should be able to sell your old car with ease. Do remember that you may have to sign transfer documents after the sale and you may also be required to get them registered to indicate a transfer in ownership. The same applies to any car insurance that your old car comes with, as well. With these tips, you should be able to sell your old car and not have to fret about the details.